On the hunt for a specific gravel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Sep 28, 2020
Let’s be clear. I am not looking for brown and tan river pebbles.
I am not looking for river rocks. I am not looking for sand. I am not looking for standard color pea gravel.
I think planted gravels look the best and are most interesting however I do not need planted. I’m looking for an affordable alternative. Does such a thing exist? I have to fill a 75 gallon. Right now it’s bare bottom.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Do you have a specific planted gravel color or size that you like?

Sep 28, 2020
dudley - I like all the clay fluorite colors/shape. Things like that I find really interesting but I just can’t find anything besides the generic gravels you see everywhere.

Sep 28, 2020
Forgot to mention I don’t need planted unless it’s inexpensive. I just need something to fill up my tank and I’m amazed at how small the selection is.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I quite like the look of Saf T sorb from Tractor supply when it is wet.

I know Monster Aquarium in NY had some awesome looking gravel that was sold by bulk.

Sera make some good substrate products, bigger than sand, smaller than pea gravel, but not the cheapest, and it's brown

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
No problem, like everything it's a matter of taste, but I quite like it, you should be able to find examples of it in pictures online if needed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store