Oscar help... (pics)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
see, this is the only reason i dont like this forum.
perhaps not the most tactful, but this forum is based on experience and science. Not conjecture. I agree your theoretical method was not likely to be effective. I understand the desire to contribute, I really do. I also understand the feeling that others know more than me. we are all here to learn, but there comes a point when you admit to let the ones with more experience take the question.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Guenol, kudos to you for saving that O!

It looks like the HITH is healing nicely, as it should in a healthy, well maintained tank.

Like said, Os are over the top dramatic. He should be acclimated over to a quality pellet diet anyway, as his staple food.

It will take some time before he'll gobble them, but eventually he will. Meanwhile, keep those nitrates as low as possible. That poor guy was probably in some nasty water for some time.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
man poor oscar.and i am gonna try to be better in this site.

Last edited:

noside

Registered Member
Mar 21, 2014
Try hikari tropical floating food sticks all my monsters including oscar go crazy for these. If that doesn't work and he wants something more life like, again my guys go crazy specifically for tetra freeze dried jumbo krill. Just the smell when they hit the water makes them go crazy.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Yep, I've found O's are like kids (or me). The worse the nutritional value of the food, the more they'll gobble it. Some of those floating sticks are the equivalent of cheese puffs for fish. Best bet for Os is to find a good quality pellet that they'll eat for their main staple food. I then supplement with freeze dried blood worms, meal worms, etc.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
My Oscar and jd l.o.v.e. massivore sinking pellets. And the silvers love the mess they make with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Very wise having a compatible clean-up crew in with your O! Don't you love when they decide to pump out what they just gobbled through their gills? Ugh.. My severum on the other hand will keep everything in and puff out like a Jiffy Pop is you let it.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Actually my jd is the worst I feel like he gets half the pellet maybe lol the o makes a mess but seems to eat more of it. The silvers however have a hay day and are awesome to watch swarm under one of the big fish. If the big fish ever spit a pellet it even for a second those silvers steal the whole thing and run!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store