Pea Puffers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
I have 2 pea puffers and am trying to get them to eat. They will only eat snails right now and I am trying to find other things for them to eat. They won't eat bloodworms, flakes, or shrimp pellets even when crushed. Any thoughts?

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
I have 2 pea puffers and am trying to get them to eat. They will only eat snails right now and I am trying to find other things for them to eat. They won't eat bloodworms, flakes, or shrimp pellets even when crushed. Any thoughts?
Try fresh shrimp, just make sure it’s totally raw with zero additives. Puffers love that. Puffers generally won’t eat flakes or pellets. Are the bloodworms you’re trying frozen or freeze dried?

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Here’s my puffers eating fresh shrimp so you can see how much they like it

• Love
Reactions: Sprinkle

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
My bloodworms are frozen. Where do you get shrimp?

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
Do you get them from the pet store?

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Do you get them from the pet store?
I get them fresh at the grocery store, you can also get clams and other shell fish. Just get as small amount as possible since you’re feeding tiny pea puffers. Just cut off tiny pieces and get fresh shrimp etc... every couple weeks.

Reactions: Sprinkle

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
okay. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: FishAddict74

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
My snails layed eggs but they haven't hatched yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store