Peaceful co existence?!?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tuthelimit

Renewed Member
May 19, 2002
Charleston, SC
Are you sure you got that all right?

Did you mean... could anyone explain why my Texas cichlid IS killing your peacock bass?????

I would never have mixed these fish anyways. I would imagine a full grown Cichla would eat even a 8" Texas.

For some reason I can't see a Cichla eating eggs... In fact I can't see it breeding with anything other than another Peacock bass only because people a) can't breed them in aquariums and b) have enough trouble breeding them in ponds.

This story is full of holes :confused: :confused:

ttl

H8Parrotfish 13

I kill Parrotfish for your own good
Im pretty new at this. But i would love to show you guys a picture of these fish. And believe it or not they just swim together they never give chase try to lock jaws which my old green terror would try to do.

Very strange infact I can't even buy a Pleco without it jumping out of the tank!!!

The bass isn't full grown it's about 11 or 12 inches.

But through experience a texas should of poked the bass's eyes out but not this one.:confused:

To be honest whenever someone at the fish store tells me don't put them together; i sometimes will due it anyways just to see if his warning was right.

Last edited:

tuthelimit

Renewed Member
May 19, 2002
Charleston, SC
Your right, we would need a picture. Swimming together is one thing, guarding eggs is another.

Although most LFS don't supply the best information, purposely disregarding advice seems alittle extreme.

I trust your tank is large enough to keep a 2.5' bass?? Shoot, If only I could get a tank thank big!!

I have found that texas cichlids can be rough, but nothing compared to Parapetenia or Amphilophus species.

ttl

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store