"Perfect" Holes In Sword Leaves (and Giant Hygro)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

VTwinFanatic

Endlers
Mar 17, 2005
North Carolina
I just dont understand why its only happening to my Swords and Giant Hygro...my tiger lotus arent affected nor any of my crytps...i figured that with their leaf size both might contain the holes. I sat there the other night and watched for over an hour an NO ONE ever picked on the leaves...who knows...?....another mystery of the aquarium

kooter

AquaMan
Dec 14, 2003
Mission, BC
I just dont understand why its only happening to my Swords and Giant Hygro...my tiger lotus arent affected nor any of my crytps...i figured that with their leaf size both might contain the holes. I sat there the other night and watched for over an hour an NO ONE ever picked on the leaves...who knows...?....another mystery of the aquarium
Since it only happens to some plants and not the others, I would also guess that the culprit is an inhabitant in the tank. Also, some fish definitely have favorite plants to "eat/peck", that is why only some of the same varities are getting holes. How old are the angels? They tend to eat/peck at plants when they are getting ready to breed. They are sneeky and are shy when they notice you watching..........mine anyways. It seems that as soon as you turn your back they will peck at the plants.

VTwinFanatic

Endlers
Mar 17, 2005
North Carolina
The angels are about 1.5" to 2" Body diameter...They stay together quite tightly...but i figured they are still a bit young to begin breeding. Since starting this thread (as of earlier today) there were no new holes in the plants...we'll see tomorrow

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store