Phosphate Test Kits

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

djlen

Fish?.......What Fish?
Aug 19, 2002
Somerdale, New Jersey USA
I've been dosing lightly with Fleet Enema and getting zero readings on my Hagen Phosphate Test Kit. Just for kicks I put 5mls of water into a test tube and added 1 drop of Fleet Enema.
I got a zero reading......I added 2 more drops and still zero readings. Am I doing something wrong or is this kit a worthless piece of crap?
Anyone?
Len

MrGoodbytes

...has a research topic! :)
Nov 27, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
Hey guys, does anyone know what the name of the reagent in the test kits are? I mean like bromthymol blue and phenolphthalein in pH test kits.
Careful though, I heard phenolphthalein is a laxative. :eek:;)

spankey

AC Members
Dec 21, 2001
Boyertown, PA
Len-

I have the same test kit. And believe it or not I have detected alot of different readings in the TANK. I to used to do the fleet enema and gave up.

I to tried to test it directly in the flask just the fleet and some spring water. Guess what NO results.. Then I would go right to the tank and bingo, It would test at .50ppm.... So I am not sure whey it doesn't detect the fleet enema. But I wouldn't say its broke...Or crap...

Try another brand and see how it goes... Just to compare... But if you bought the kit last week, return it and ask either for a NEW one or a different PO4 kit... They should exchange it especialy if its only been a week....

Good luck...

Spankey....;)

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
We have the Hagen test kit and it seems fine..

djlen

Fish?.......What Fish?
Aug 19, 2002
Somerdale, New Jersey USA
The LFS told me he's had sporadic complaints with this kit. That it's probably defective and to bring it back. If anyone has any suggestions for a reliable PO4 test kit, I'd appreciate the heads up.
Len

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store