Pics of fish in the wild

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Davey

AC Members
Oct 22, 2002
Pics of fish in the wild ?

is there a site that has pics of fish in the wild ? like loaches bala's guppys ? things of that nature ?

wetmanNY

AC Members
Taken with an underwater camera by a snorkelling photographer? Not many. I like the concept.

Most photos of fishes are taken in a narrow glass photographer's box. Even a lot of Wild Discovery fish stuff is actually aquarium set-ups-- like the piranha stuff-- and the tarantula/scorpion stuff etc etc-- have y'all noticed that?

Natural waters just aren't as clear as some really good filtration would make them...

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
I agree with what most of wetman said. The filtration isnt NEARLY as good as our tanks or the Ocean. So its murky.
There is a cure though. Add Zebra Mussels (not really.. it will destroy that ecosystem). In some of the Great lakes (not sure which), people would say they could see a foot into the lake before the mussels invaded. After the invasion, the lake was Crystal clear. Problem is the fish in the great lakes arent very popular to photograph...Now if it was any of the Rift lakes, the Amazon, or the Nile, then there would be MANY photos..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store