Pics of my 75g and 55g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I wish I had better picture taking skills and equipment, but here's my 75 and 55. I can rarely get good fish shots with these guys. They'll mash there faces to the glass to be close to me, right up to the point I approach with a phone/camera! The decor isn't much. These tanks are more about the fish.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Nice looking tanks and fish. :)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Certainly not my taste in decor but dang they are SO clean looking! Gotta appreciate that! Where are these tanks? Kitchen? Laundry room? Seems an unusual place either way and I can appreciate that too lol. And you gotta tell us what's the pink light for? No trouble with the baseboard heat right behind the goldfish tank? I assume not cause everyone looks really happy but my curiosity is piqued. :)

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Thanks Jen!

Tanks are in our laundry/mud room. This spot works out great in terms of tank maintenance. A few feet to the left is utility sink built into the counter top and to the right is a door that leads a few steps down to the back yard. It's a busy spot as far as traffic goes, but not super busy.

For sure given the lack of tank space I keep little/no decor in these tanks and even when I do, it gets shoved to where ever the fish want it.

The pink light to the left on the lower tank is a cheapy LED "plant" light. It's shaped like a mini flood lamp style bulb. It's 5 watts, or so it said on the box. I've had it between 1-2yrs, going 8hrs/day. I did have some java fern in with the goldies, but it got too beaten and battered in there from them sifting through it. They'd avoid the plant itself like kids with veggies, but would happily root out any food that fell in it.

Even with that hot water baseboard heat, the lower tank stays a few degrees lower than ambient, so it can run anywhere from 60F in the winter to 80F in the summer.

The pothos plant in the top tank I started in one of those breeder boxes that hangs off the back of the tank like a HOB filter. Marina brand IIRC. It's got a bubbler tube you tube to an air pump, that supplies water to it and it trickles back into the tank.

Also have some pothos in the blue basket you can see in the lower tank. It's mostly flopped behind the tank.

The double stand is rated to hold two 75/90/120g tanks, but I couldn't imagine twin 90s or 120s on there. The top 75g is hard to reach into as is it's so high up.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store