Plants question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishyfriendzz

Registered Member
Jul 7, 2018
I just set up my 10 gallon tank. Right now I have 3 Longfin Zebra Danios and 1 shrimp. I know they are schooling fish and I will get 2 or 3 more after the tank is cycled, I will also get 2 more ghost shrimps. I was wondering how to grow the plants so they become tall and healthy. I currently have 2 Amazon Compacta, and 2 Java Ferns. I’m planning on getting some moneywort, anubias, and Moss balls in a couple weeks. Also, how long would such plants take to fully grow and how tall do they get? Would driftwood be good for the tank as well?

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Both the Amazon Compacta and the Java Fern will grow too big for your 10gal. Will lower light, they would grow slower, but still eventually would take over the tank. Your other choices would be better.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Agreed, plus zebra danios can be kept in a 10g, but they're so active, they'll do better and be more enjoyable in a larger tank. They'll probably pick at your ghost shrimp as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store