Plants

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DG8o5

AC Members
Apr 28, 2019
Hello, I check a few portions of the website including the marketplace. I was wondering where you guys purchase your plants from? My LFS dont have a large variety so was looking for some possible online resources. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, wasn't to sure where it would fit best

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I get most of my plants from local clubs and auctions. Great resource, often cheap.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Posting location may help too, Or just posting a want ad here as well.

but you can also talk to your LFS about what they can do, maybe carry tissue culture plants from UNS, Tropica or Dennerle as they work much better than regular submerged plants.

And sometimes some of the big box stores do have some good options, especially for tissue culture.

But yeah, friends, clubs, auctions, and there are plenty of good online sellers too. ultimately it will depend on what you're looking for..

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Clubs are a great way to get plants that will likely grow well in your local water...but maybe not in your particular tank & lighting. If you're close to a big city, it might be good to check for clubs, even if it's a drive for you. Often you don't have to join to buy auction items, just to sell. Road trips are fun!

If you want mail order, look for a single place or person that offers all or most plants you want. Shipping charges can add up!!

Reactions: dougall
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store