Please, fast help about Sailfin fry!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

brackishwannbe

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
:confused: Over the past couple of days my female sailfin molly had swellen to the size of a golfball and today the male was successful in mating with her several times. I know I need to put the female in a breeder tank, but my breeder tank is currently occupied with a dozen+ swordtail fry. Will the sailfin eat them if I put her in the same tank or do I need another tank? I thought I had a complete second tank ready to be setup, but when I got the equipment out I was missing a heater. Would it be all right to to put the sailfin in the tank until I could get a heater in the morning. The stores around here closes early on Sunday.
Also, my swordtail, danios are all pregnant again, guess its in the water, LOL. With them all getting pregnant at the same time I was taken off guard, especialy after being gone for ten dys over Christmas. Thanks for the help.

brackishwannbe

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
until the morning

since I wasn't able to got a heater, I put the tank in spare bedroom and cranked up the heat. I now have a pregnant sailfin and pineapple wag swordtail in the 10G tank. I know, its not the best but the fry will be eaten anyway if I left the mothers-to-be in the community tank. Heater will placed in the morning and hopefully I have some fry to count. By the way, last time the swordtail had 4 dozen fry, anybody want some, LOL:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store