Please Help Me Get Rid Of Pest Snails

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
I wouldn't ever reccomend using clown loaches for removing snails. They grow too big, they require schools, and using them for eating snails then just returning them is just wrong in my opinion

TheWeirdo

AC Members
Apr 5, 2017
Clown loaches also need a 150 gal tank so yeah, manual removing is best for almost all of us mortals.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Hmm, I think I remember reading they could grow to about 18 inches or somewhere around there?

TheWeirdo

AC Members
Apr 5, 2017
Hmm, I think I remember reading they could grow to about 18 inches or somewhere around there?
A foot if you give them a big enough tank, a lot of people that have sucesfully kept clown loaches keep them in 6 foot tanks or more.
Most clown loaches only grow 15 cm in home aquaria because of unproper tanks :(
I dislike snails because most of the time there are no leftovers for them in my infested tanks which means they eat my plants, but if I got clown loaches that would not be a problem because the loaches would have already uprooted and punched holes on all the plants LOL.
There is this youtube couple that have a 75 gal and apparently did not research well enough, they are just finding out clown loaches LOVE to destroy plants, their tank looks great, but it will stop looking great soon...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store