Pond Liner Leaks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Haven't had to deal with a leak yet but I would start with youtube.

Reactions: Nicole Martin

pbeemer

AC Members
Apr 27, 2010
So Cal
if it is an EPDM liner, there are a number of "peel and stick" products intended to repair rubber roof systems. on a dry liner it just takes a little mechanical prep (scrubbing and wiping any crud off) and then essentially it goes on instantly and you are done. the patches themselves can be epdm or some other rubber compound, even sbs/asphalt blends, although those usually come with a granule surface which would look odd when you are done. don't know if there are any that work under water.

i doubt that these would work well for a vinyl/pvc or other plastic liner. i suppose those could be remelted/welded with a patch of similar material, but that's not something i would waste any time on -- the plastic liners aren't very durable, and should probably be replaced.

pbeemer

AC Members
Apr 27, 2010
So Cal
by "work under water" i meant to say "can be applied under water." They all work under water, or they wouldn't patch the roof.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store