pond lining

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

golfer

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
Visit site
This may sound like an obvious question but here goes:
I'm currently lining my 3000gal pond and I'm running into
a whole heap of trouble trying to fold the excessive lining
material. Once I have the folds in place, do I need to seam
them with tape to hold them down or will the weight of the water do that for me ?

Thanks , Paul

DrDeath

AC Members
Apr 30, 2002
New York
Visit site
Hello! What did you use for an underlayment? Sand, newspapers, etc.....

Obviously it is best to lay it out to use the piece with the least amount of waste. You will get some creases and folds regardless. You can push the lining down into the underlayment depending on what you used.

I am a little neurotic, so the creases would drive me nuts. My solution was to dig out my pond a little more in some areas to avoid big creases. Also, creases are just more areas to trap leaves and garbage.

Just my opinion :)

DrD

golfer

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
Visit site
Thanks for answering...I used old carpeting for the underlayment so burying it is out of the question. The shape of the pond is like
a big horseshoe, necking down to form a large waterfall at one
end. That's of course where the liner bunches up the most.Oh,
by the way, I'm not thinking about digging any deeper. It's
already 4 feet deep and my back is killing me !!!

Ozma

junior
Nov 27, 2002
Maryland
Visit site
Start at the center of the area where it bunches up the most and slowly start folding pleats as you work your way away from the center. This helps distribute some of the folds away from the most bunched up area. Your biggest pleats may be a bit resistant to folding over and will need a well-placed rock to help it stay folded over.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store