Position of the coconut shell

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dan89

AC Members
Jan 3, 2017
Guys, I have a stupid question for you :D

I'm planning the layout of my Rio 125 which will host Tetras, Otociclus, a couple of Apistogramma and maybe Cory. I'm trying to figure out where to place the coconut in order to make it safe for the breeding fish and, at the same time, hide it from the frontal view of the tank (I don't like it very much, even with plants on it)

I was thinking about placing it in a corner, and surrounding it with a bush of Limnophila Sessiliflora (see attach.). Do you think the fish would like this arrangement? My concern is that since the shell would (In theory) be pretty well isolated from the rest of the tank, the apisto will barely see it...

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
They will find it and still defend the whole floor of that tank....no other bottom fish....

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
They may prefer to spawn on a smooth-ish rock in the open. Harder for them to defend but they will choose a "good spot". Try having a few different types of places open & enclosed, let the apistos decide. They also move the fry around every few days or so you may not get much say in where any of that happens, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store