Power

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SJCates

Registered Member
Jan 14, 2013
Hello, I an in the process of gathering and planning for a 300 gallon marine aquarium. I was wondering what the power usage is going to be worst case. I see some setups with seemingly 20 outlets. Is this something that is going to require its own panel? I figure if I plan for worst case I'll be covered.

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
That depends entirely on what equipment you're using, and how you have it set, such as the heater. Determine the wattage of the specific components you intend to use, and do the math with how much you pay per kilowatt hour, and you'll have an estimate. For the heater, using half the wattage (presuming it's on half the time) will give a decent estimate, and don't forget that the lights won't be on 24 hours per day.

One person's set up may have entirely different hardware than what you're planning, and you may pay different amounts for utilities as a result.

SJCates

Registered Member
Jan 14, 2013
Understood, I am trying to get the electrical part set up; not necessarily looking for how much the per month cost is going to be. I was looking for how much juice, because I need to buy and install the correct, and enough, electrical parts that will handle the load in a worst case scenario. Where I do not have to worry about overloading the system regardless of how many components I use now, or upgrade to in the future.

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store