PPS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Well tested the nitrates on a bottled water and got zero so it’s still accurate

guess I need to do another 50 percent wc as it’s reading like 40 ppm so it’s not using the nitrates.

think I will make another mix without kno3 and dose that this week and see what weeks end number is.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Ok so I have a problem.
My tap has at least 20 ppm of nitrates out of the tap.
so I should be able to just leave kno3 out of my ferts.
Is leaving it out going to significantly lower my potassium?
I have well water so I can’t just get a report of what is in my water. And I know Anubis and Java love K. But I don’t have a lot of either.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
In case it matters kh is 4 gh is 8

I was thinking of doubling k2so4 to get the potassium but not sure if the sulfur hurts the shrimp.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Found out I could safely double my potassium sulfate thanks anyway

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
So question. If I decided to go EI with this recipe premixed how do I determine how much to add?

• K2SO4 – 60 grams
  • KNO3 –
  • KH2PO4 – 2.9 grams
  • MgSO4 – 20.2 grams

• then of course the micro premix.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Are you talking premixed to new powder? Or in a solution?

If would keep micros sperate.

And either way, it's just a question of maths. You mix everything in the correct ratios... If you mix enough for 100 doses, you add 100th of 5ye mix each time you would dose normally. Or much into 500 ml of distilled water and add 5mp of the liquid each time.

Or whatever works best for you. It's just ratios.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
So that dry recipe is mixed into a 500 ml bottle.
I dose 4 ml a day of the macros and 2 ml of the micros

both go in the same day.

when I see EI it’s all dry measurements. I don’t have time in the morning and don’t want to forget to premix every night and don’t want to just be dropping dry in the tank.
So since it’s all premise now I was just wondering g how many ml do I need to dose on alternate days.
i suck at math. so was hoping for an approximation so I don’t od the tank either.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
So I have 125 doses of macro and 250 doses of micro total
If I dose 28 ml a week I should dose approximately 10 ml 3xs a week instead of 4 a day? Or more? It’s not an issue of doing it daily in low doses. I just wasn’t sure if EI covers the bases better or not.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I need to wake up more to try to comprehend.

When we did EI many years ago, we had 12 little glass containers, with lids, and we would add the days ferts into there and then in the AM add some tank water, tighten the lid, shake dump into the tank, rinse a few times and let dry.. so we were measuring out ferts every couple of weeks (macros and micros were alternating days)

If making a solution, I would look for dosing bottles.. they are designed to measure out a certain amount of liquid to dose and are really simple. I know NilocG sells them. There are plenty of other places too.

Then you will take the dosing amount as an amount of water, and you have the amount of dry ferts needed.

You know how many doses will come from the bottle and how much it will hold, say a 25ml dose from a 500ml bottle means you have 20 doses per bottle. So you multiply each fert amount to be added by 20 and mix it with 500ml of water.

Hope that's clear enough. If you pick a dosing bottle as a real world example we can put the math here if needed.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Yes as stated I have 500 ml bottles. The dry is mixed into those bottles at the amounts printed above.
As of now I dose 4ml of macro and 2 ml of micro daily. because that is what the instructions for PPS pro say to do.
but if I wanted to do alternating days of macro/micro what amounts would I do instead to make it more EI.
I think I will just stick to PPS pro. It seems to be working. I just wanted to make sure everyone was getting enough. I’m not seeing any deficiencies yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store