Pro Caught Stuffing Bass with Lead Weights During Tourney

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

llamabob

AC Members
Dec 14, 2006
www.myspace.com
What some bozo(does that term offend you too much?) chooses to stuff down the throat or up someplace else on a fish doesn't call for anything. Their current existence on the east coast of the US is what calls for their eradication. Their current existence in Mexico, where they are directly responsible for the vast majority of recent extinctions in the family Goodeidae calls for their eradication. A few examples: Skiffia francesae, Zoogeniticus tequila, Characodon garmani, Allotoca goslinei.Several of these fish still survive in aquaria. There are others, and many that have been brought to the brink of extinction because of Largemouth Bass introduction. You should educate yourself on the subject. My main point is that govt agencies need to stop supporting some invasives such as Bass, Rainbow Trout (not native east of the Mississippi), Brown Trout (native to Europe) while persecuting others. Since you seem to think that stocking non-native fish is ok I bet you can't wait for the Asian Carp you'll be seeing in the Lakes within a few years!
Well when you're done making claims on my behalf that I did not make, feel free to explain how a cheating fisherman and some poor decisions on fish stocking in select areas calls for an immediate ban on professional fishing and eradication of all bass in non-native areas.

Never did I say it was "ok". It stinks that there are "insignificant" species that, because they don't put up a fun fight or taste as good, are deemed expendable. But you're blind to the fact that bass fishing directly and indirectly holds invaluable social, economical and environmental benefits that far outweigh the consequences. This is most likely WHY it's so heavily supported.

You're calling for extreme and ridiculous measures because of a blind prejudice you hold, all stemming from a cheating "redneck" fisherman.

Edit: Forgot to add, although I am clearly uneducated, I am well aware of the potential threat of Asian Carp passing the electric barrier(DNA evidence suggests they already have), as there are almost daily articles about it in the paper here.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Well when you're done making claims on my behalf that I did not make, feel free to explain how a cheating fisherman and some poor decisions on fish stocking in select areas calls for an immediate ban on professional fishing and eradication of all bass in non-native areas.

Never did I say it was "ok". It stinks that there are "insignificant" species that, because they don't put up a fun fight or taste as good, are deemed expendable. But you're blind to the fact that bass fishing directly and indirectly holds invaluable social, economical and environmental benefits that far outweigh the consequences. This is most likely WHY it's so heavily supported.

You're calling for extreme and ridiculous measures because of a blind prejudice you hold, all stemming from a cheating "redneck" fisherman.

Edit: Forgot to add, although I am clearly uneducated, I am well aware of the potential threat of Asian Carp passing the electric barrier(DNA evidence suggests they already have), as there are almost daily articles about it in the paper here.
You have me all figured out Bob! Your insight into human nature is surpassed only by your ability to justify something because it benefits you. Asian Carp are not a threat at all. They're merely another economic opportunity that nobody has figured out how to exploit yet. After somebody figures that out Asian Carp will be great, just like Largemouth Bass!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Btw I never called for a ban on professional fishing. I never get the govt to do my dirty work for me. I said that "professional" fishermen need to get real jobs. You're not too bad at putting words into someones' mouth yourself!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store