question??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sumpin'fishy

Humble Disciple of Jesus Christ
Oct 16, 2002
Savannah, GA
Blue Acaras, at least all pics I've seen, have the facial features of a Green Terror, not a JD. I call this "war paint", and it is very distinctive, IMO. Take a look at GT's and Blue Acaras, then compare faces to JD's.

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
Blue acaras used to be thought to be the same as green terrors but they are not blue acaras used to be referred to as Aequidens rivulatus the same as green terrors, but the are really not, they are Aequidens pulchrus. i dont know where you got the JD thing from.

optix

Rent-a-mod
Dec 30, 2002
Dayton area of ohio
Visit site
actually tightdog1, your pictures are what got me thinking this lol, kind of ironic, I was looking at the pics you posted and I swear my little JD looks IDENTICAL to your female acara, but I do see the facial thing now, and I notice the scales kinda resemble a green terror just they aren't black, thanks guys

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
The thing is that when i took that picture he was about 3 in. and it is very hared to tell if it is a male, but i think it is, also when i took the pic he was in a good mood, thus the dark colors, he doesnt normally look like that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store