Rainbow Cichlids in 40 breeder

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gspille

AC Members
Jan 5, 2008
Illinois
I'm trying to find a few Rainbow Cichlids for my 40 breeder, and hoping to come out with a breeding pair. The problem is they're hard to find around the St Louis area. If anyone in this area knows of anywhere please let me know? I've seen them online, but I prefer to local purchase if possible. Thanks.

Current stock in that tank are 5 Rosie Barbs, 1 Redtail Rainbow Shark about 4 in long, and a Clown Pleco about 2 in long.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I dont live in that area but i just wanted to point out that the rainbow shaek will become territorial and may attack other fish. Just keep an eye out. Also, good luck on your search. Hopefully youll find the orange variety.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

gspille

AC Members
Jan 5, 2008
Illinois
That's what I'm hoping to find, the orange. I've been watching him, I've had him for almost four years now. He's been in with Severum's, Sun Catfish, and several other bottom dwellers in one of our 125 gallons over the years. I moved him out because the Sun's are pretty big now, and I didn't want to take a chance on him being eaten. So far I've not had any issue with him.

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
I bought mine on Aquabid but have not seen them listed lately. I've never found Rainbow cichlids at a local store. I found mine to be very timid and skittish and was unable to get any of my eight to pair off for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store