recommended canister

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

red_wall

Whoosh! feel the onomatopoeia
Jun 15, 2008
SE Georgia
Even cheaper...

Drumroll....

DIY!
You can make a good DIY canister for less than $150 probably less than $50.

Google DIY canister filter.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
if you're not handy enough to go the DIY route, i give two thumbs up for the Rena XP canisters. my 55 cichlid tank has one on it (XP2) and a dual output topfin 60 hob.

RodInCALIFORNIA

EBAY ADDICT !
Aug 5, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Real Name
ROD
i have several brands of canister filters penn plax 1000, magnums, fluval, and tom wet/dry, i like them all and never had any problems or noise issues. dont forget to check ebay there are name brand new canisters sold by power sellers with excellent ratings for far less than i have been able to find them. i always buy my filters off ebay.

Bellaalers

AC Members
May 19, 2020
Maybe you can help me, I've been using a Penn Plax 700 for about 2 months, the water flow is about half what it was and now makes a humming noise.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Maybe you can help me, I've been using a Penn Plax 700 for about 2 months, the water flow is about half what it was and now makes a humming noise.
You have a couple responses on your other topic for this filter.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I recommend 3 brands of canister to fulks who plan to be indolved with the hoppy for decades.

Eheim
Eheim
or
Eheim

I have 5, the first has been running since 2002, the second since 2003 and the third for about 4 or 5 years. It is filled soley woth Poret foam and I finally had to clean it for the first time last January. Yhe other two are on the shelf for spare parts I have never needed. I had to replace an O-ring in the primer button for one and nothing else over the years.

My mother taught me well and I know that in the long run the cheapest solution usually costs the most up front.

Bellaalers

AC Members
May 19, 2020
I recommend 3 brands of canister to fulks who plan to be indolved with the hoppy for decades.

Eheim
Eheim
or
Eheim

I have 5, the first has been running since 2002, the second since 2003 and the third for about 4 or 5 years. It is filled soley woth Poret foam and I finally had to clean it for the first time last January. Yhe other two are on the shelf for spare parts I have never needed. I had to replace an O-ring in the primer button for one and nothing else over the years.

My mother taught me well and I know that in the long run the cheapest solution usually costs the most up front.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store