Recovering guppy?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myguppypuppies

Registered Member
May 23, 2020
So a while ago one of my guppies became very skinny so I isolated her. you can see the full post earlier in this column (due to being a new member I cannot yet use links otherwise I would provide a link)

Short version of the story is that she is from a group of three, and the other two became thin and pale and died. I have a separate group I got after the first death so have 9 fish total including her. Because the two other guppies from the same breeder passed away I worried about illnesses. A month went by and everything was fine, but then she got skinny!
Fearing a contagious illness or parasite I removed her.

Unfortunately, I don't have a hospital tank so I've been keeping her in a bucket (I'm pretty new to this, ok)
I expected her to pass away soon as she was from a group of three and the other two passed away almost immediately after getting thin.

It's been at just under a month and she is still alive and not displaying any symptoms besides still being skinny, not eating a ton, and excessive hiding. She's not been getting worse and I'd like to think she's getting better. I'm thinking she may have lost weight due to stress rather than anything contagious (a bunch of fry appeared in my tank a couple weeks before and I hope they are hers but so many of my females are large it's hard to tell)

Should I reintroduce her to the tank? She hasn't shown any other symptoms besides being skinny and shy, and I really love her, but I don't want to put my other guppies at risk. And also keeping her in a bucket is probably not at all helpful to her health, it's mostly to protect the other guppies.

(I know I didn't list water parameters and stuff, I think I included them on my other post that I can't link to due to being a new member)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store