Red, Blue and Scarlet Legs - Can they all get along?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

trybry5

AC Members
Oct 15, 2003
NE
www.aquabid.com
I have 4 Med. Scarlets, 4 Lg. Red and 4 Sm. blue legged hermits.

There's plenty of space and plenty of sand to sift, will they all get along?

I'm adding algae pellets in daily, so there's enough food too.

Gill Roy

"Up to my neck"
Nov 6, 2007
New Port Richey, FL.
Should be no problem together, just be sure to have several empty shells to go around in case someone outgrows their existing one, they will try to kill over shells.

melissadotson

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
parkersburg wv
i have red legged and blue legged hermits together with zebra hermits,,they get along good..just like Gill Roy said make sure ya have plenty of shells to go around cause they will kill each other over the shells..

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
crabs and shrimp kill eachother till there is one left
???

I have had many scarlets, and blue legs together W/O any problems. But make sure there are a lot of "correct" size shells around. I have seen them fight over shells, but no real harm.

wrek

AC Members
Dec 20, 2010
They could eventually get into a death match but if you have ample room then they should be ok. I've had up to 6 in a 55g before but they fought bad until there were only 4 left and that seems to be the max. 2 blue 2 red.. they stay clear of each other pretty well now.

I guess that's about 1 per 12" square.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
There will be some casualties almost all the time. It is largely proportional to how many you have and how concentrated they are.

chrisstager

AC Members
Jul 25, 2010
crabs and shrimp kill eachother till there is one left
I have about 10 scarlet hermits, 40 blue legged, 1 large electric blue hermit, 2 emeral crabs, a cleaner shrimp and a fire shrimp, and never a pproblem. Once in a while the fire shrimp well chase cleaner out of his sppot or over food but never hurts him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store