Red Parrot Chilid

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Paulh

Registered Member
Dec 7, 2003
Nuneaton, uk
Visit site
Someone please help, i have aquarium with 4 parrot fish, recently they don't seem to be swimming around like usual they lie on the bottom sometimes on there side and seem to scratch along the bottom, coral etc, one has just died, please help i don't know whats wrong the temp. seem ok about 28c, has anyone got any advice:( Thankyou

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
What are you ammonia (NH3), nitrite (NO2), and nitrate (NO3) levels? What size tank is it and what size are the fish? How often do you do water changes and how much do you change? How long have you had them?

Paulh

Registered Member
Dec 7, 2003
Nuneaton, uk
Visit site
Sick Parrot

Thanks for getting back so quickly, My tank size is L24xH15xW12, sorry not sure in gallons new to this, i have one large red parrot, 1 medium size, and now just 1 small parrot a little one just died, i have just done nitrit test (No2) and water was clear, just done a partial change yesturday, really worried about fish little one on bottom on his side but not dead, seems to have tiny white dots on him, ihave had lg/med parrot about 5 months and recently added 2 little ones, please help

peifc

AC Members
Jun 18, 2003
New York
www.peifc.com
They got ich. If you have any med to treat them...treat them now. Then do another 25% water change a day later. Then treat them again. Repeat this steps about 3 times. The sound of it...the ich is severe to cause death.

peifc

AC Members
Jun 18, 2003
New York
www.peifc.com
BTW, your tank is too small for 3 blood parrots. They get as big as 8" when fully grown. You need to upgrade your tank to 75g tank one day...maybe a year later.

And your tank is a 20g high.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store