Redirected?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Something new to me is happening. I will be reading the forum and then suddenly the page loads a different page (same tab) for some product or whatever (junk,ads,scams whatever it may actually be i don't know). It's happened 3 times now but only on this site so I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this?

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Not that I can remember, but I wouldn't put it past the site to do something...

I do normally browse on a phone or on a PC with all kinds of ads being blocked.

I would run some sort of virus/malware scan if you have something available... If not I would get something.

Also try blocking ads or scripts, and changing the style used for the website, see if any of that helps.

sorry :/

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Haven't heard of any issues like this...

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Ugh. I've run anti-virus and malware programs and it's still happening and only on this site, it's really weird. And I visit a lot of sites and several of them I am on about as much as this one, I have 21 tabs open right now so the fact that it doesn't happen anywhere else is rather strange to me. Unfortunately I am going to enable my ad blocker here (which I usually have turned off for this site) and see if that stops it.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
The best of luck... unfortunately sometimes advertising can get to be a bit much.

I have personally used Ad block + on Chrome and Firefox without seeing any redirects; you saying it is just this site makes me feel it is unlikely to be malware at this point.

if you are still having problems, post your operating system and browser version so someone can get the same problem.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I'll tell you the site runs SO much nicer without ads! :I I completely understand that they are needed though, hence why I don't block them here usually. I use Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m but it just updated when I was checking it. Chrome been giving me a problem with always being on top of everything lately too...maybe I'll go back to firefox....

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I have not experienced this problem. I use windows 10, and explore.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I am old enough to remember AC without ads at all...

things were much different then !

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I'll tell you the site runs SO much nicer without ads! :I I completely understand that they are needed though, hence why I don't block them here usually. I use Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m but it just updated when I was checking it. Chrome been giving me a problem with always being on top of everything lately too...maybe I'll go back to firefox....
If you look at the currently connected users, there are so many that aren't registered; maybe something could be done where registered users would see less adds; I am not sure of many larger sites that have this level of advertiding.

for the record I use windows 10 with Chrome, I will try turning off ad blocker and all internet security and see what happens.

Also note that some ads are targetted, so you may get different results than everyone else.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Just want to give an update. Since running adblock on this site I have not had this problem again. I turned ad block off just now and will see if it happens again. Also of note is that I run adblock on almost every other site so that could be why I was only seeing it here, because this is one of the few sites I do not block ads on and if it is an ad based malware... blah blah.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store