Reel suggestion

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

danclark

AC Members
Mar 23, 2009
edmonds wa
just go to your local tackle place and ask to handle the reals and get a good feel for what you like. i love my 25 buck spinner over my 100 baitcaster, just feels better and fouls less, so its totally up to you.

Bonne46

AC Members
May 20, 2009
So I've been real busy with work lately and now that there giving me a little bit more time on my hands I can FINALLY go out and shop for some reels. I haven't gone out yet to any stores, plus the only ones near me are ****'s Sporting Goods. The closest Cabela's is about 2 hours away but worth the trip.

The only "shopping" I have done was just on website, and opinions from other people. Just curious I got a list from a friend who suggested several reels in the same brand names everyone has recommended here, I was wondering from this list if any of them are good or worth to get.

Shimano Sedona Spinning Reel
Shimano Sahara FD
Shimano Sedona 4000 FD
Shimano Sahara 2500/3000/4000 FD
Daiwa Takara 1500/2500/3500
Daiwa Exceler? (can't understand his writing on that lol)
Pflueger PResident

Any of them good? Also what does FD mean? and the different numbers?

Bonne46

AC Members
May 20, 2009
I was looking at just getting it from ****'ssportinggoods and I think they only have the 2500 as lowest. I'll have to check

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
thats a pretty small rod your on a boat right? I have penns on my surfcasters and the work pretty good, no complaints.

Jim in Michiana

Tanganyikan Lover
Feb 23, 2009
LaPorte, Indiana
Find an older Mitchell / Garcia 300 or 301 on Ebay if you can...... Mine is almost 30 years old and works like I bought it yesterday.

Borgey

Puffer Fish Freak
Nov 9, 2010
East Providence, RI
Real Name
Andrew
The black and gold Penn reels are the best IMHO&IME. I have had a couple for a very long time. I use them in both salt and fresh. If used in salt the reel is just rinsed down with freshwater after every trip.

0tto

AC Members
Oct 24, 2010
Pflueger president is the best reel in my opinion for the money. I use them for ultra light light and surf reels.

this^ fantastic walleye reel. for casting though your not gonna beat a casting reel. abu's revo series is top of the line performance for decent prices. what kind of fishing are you gonna be doing?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store