Rummy Nose Tetras

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishL0ver

AC Members
Dec 29, 2018
I got 4 new rummy nose tetras on the 30th. Their noses were pale in the bag, but their noses were fine in the store. When I brought them home and put them into my 20 gallon, they recovered their red noses except for one. Today it is still very pale. Is this just the one being stressed out? Or is it just genetics?

FishL0ver

AC Members
Dec 29, 2018
Well the pale one passed away. When I found him it looked like a natural death. Did he just stress out to death?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Yeah, probably it did. Once they're established, rummies are pretty sturdy, but they don't adapt to big changes very well. Did you test the lfs water vs your tank? Acclimation process? A chilly trip home? I'm sorry you lost 1 I'm but not too surprised.

Keep an eye on the red noses of your rummies. If they look pale pink or less, you need to do some big water changes, often!

FishL0ver

AC Members
Dec 29, 2018
Thanks. All of my other rummies are doing good. Noses are very red. Just the one was too stressed out. I guess it was just a very high anxiety fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store