Sad Rummy Nose Tetra

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

somthin_Fishy40

AC Members
Dec 19, 2002
Visit site
sad rummy nose tetra :(

out of the 5 rummy nose tetras i added to my tnak yesterda, only one is looking sad, he just sits there with his mouth open? i watched the others and they are all swimming round and have beautiful red faces which is usually an indication they are happy but its just this one....
yeah i dont know why he would be sitting there with his mouth open but i was hopinng you would? last night before bed he was schooling the the other rummy noses and neons but this moring when i watched the tank he was by himself??
he is not eating very much either??
any ideas?
thanks

JohnMemorialHS

Speed Demon
Apr 15, 2001
Madison, WI, USA
what's the status of your tank? amonia level? nitrite level? nitrate level? pH? Rummynose tetras are one of the few tetras that just don't do well in high pH, no matter how hard you try to acclimate them, so if you have high pH, that could be one of the problem.

somthin_Fishy40

AC Members
Dec 19, 2002
Visit site
dont worry, the poor little bugger died :(

i watched him, then came back an hour later and he was gone, i was distressed cos this is the first fish i have lost in a lonnngg time,
but anyway, i still have four, oh yeah my ph is nuetral 7.0 and everything else is within acceptabl limits

goozy

AC Members
Dec 14, 2002
NY
Visit site
they're kind of delicate fish I guess.

don't beat yourself up over it. Actually I recently got a bunch of them and when I opened the bag they all fell out on the floor. I totally freaked. My fault, entirely. They all made it.

krowland

AC Members
May 12, 2002
Indianapolis, IN
Visit site
I'll agree they're delicate. I recently added a dozen to a large community tank. The group developed some sort of fungus infection and I ended up losing all but one despite treating them with medication. They're cool looking fish, but I probably won't get anymore.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store