Set Up Ideas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
Hello all,

I am far from a n00b, but it has been several years since I have had my tank set-ups. I got 2 tanks for my classroom, both have been fully cycled. One is a 5 gallon, and I believe one is a 20g tall. I am trying to think of simple ideas for the kids. I was planning to do a shrimp/invert tank in the 5 gallon, and a zebra community tank in the 20g tall.

How many shrimp should I put in the 5? My kids decided they wanted the blue shrimp, I may get the RCS instead, depending on what is available. Maybe 2 smaller snails? It was going to be a simple tank, nothing but 2 moss balls, some sand, and a java fern.

Also, I wanted to do a community tank with 10 zebra danios, 3 cories (undecided on type), and was deciding on what else to add. I want a Bolivian ram (but they are bottom dwellers, not sure of them with the cories), and some sort of fun mid-tank dwellers like tetras. Again I am keeping it simple with a wisteria, anubias, and sand substrate. What would you all do with a zebra danio/corie tank? What else would you add for a classroom tank?

TIA

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store