Severum color options

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mystroe_TheMyst

AC Members
Dec 16, 2002
australia
Visit site
?Colour of Choice?

Hi all! I'm looking for a partner for a severum, what do you think i should get a Green or a Gold severum....
I'm pretty sure i want another severum, if not what other cichlids would be compatible, my little dude is pretty peaceful.....

And if you own, or have owned a severum please share some stories.......

and what did you feed it, i'm looking for some vegetable based food atm?

thanks

AikidoGuy

Cichlidiot
Jul 3, 2001
Sparta, New Jersey
how about a Turquoise severum. a little hard to find. i had two until my arowana ate them a few years ago. i think i may have only seen since 1 or 2 for sale since then. But thats at my lfs maybe youll have more luck. they are very pretty. and will give a reason to go to more fish stores more often hahaha

NickH

AC Members
Oct 12, 1998
Morris Township, NJ
I've had a gold, green and turquoise. I had my Gold from the time it was 1" up to 7". It died :(. Now I have a 5" green and a 3" turquoise. I kinda like the colors on the turquoise the best. I'm looking forward to that one growing full size.

AikidoGuy - I got my turquoise at Petsmart on Rt 22 in Wayne (I think). They had a tank full of small 1.5" for $3.50 back in August. Have not been back since.

My severums are pretty peaceful. I've kept them with a Blue Acara, Jurapari, Silver Dollars, Columbian Tetras, Pleco, etc.

It largely depends on how big your tank is. I wish I had a bigger tank, I would give Uaru or Parrot fish (the original) a try. You could also try Festivum, other eartheaters, Chocolate cichlids, firemouths and there are a ton of plecos and catfish also.

I feed my sevs cichlid pellets & flakes, spurilina, shrimp pellets, freeze-dried krill, blood worms, shrimp. They also like zucchini and spinach leaves, peas, etc.

Sum-X

La Dee Da Dee Do
Sep 15, 2001
Newark, Ohio
www.designerscrypt.com
Real Name
Aaron
If you're looking for an aggressive Cichlid, then Severums aren't the way to go, but if you dont want it for aggressiveness (is that a word? :D) then I personnaly like the Greens... They do grow fast but are very cool...

I bought one, thinking he would stop my gourami from chasin the tetras... All he did, was add to the problem. :(

Good luck! ;)

Mystroe_TheMyst

AC Members
Dec 16, 2002
australia
Visit site
thanks guyz, well i'm going to have a look for one of those turquoise ones soon, and if not i might go green, but greens grow fast and i read somewhere that golds don't really grow quickly, not that it matters.

i'm not really looking for a aggressive cichlid, i'm not and haven't been a happy fish keeper when i did have my convict, i'd come home and find my best fish dead cause of that fighting machine.

thanks for the food tips also!

not many people are going for the gold huh. so i guess i'll most proberly go green, unless i can find those turquoise ones.

once again thanks tones, and i'm still open to food options.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store