Sex of ADF

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sstanley

Registered Member
Feb 15, 2021
00703C48-456D-4E08-88F4-87A451E88342.jpeg
Hi all, this is one of my ADFs and I can’t tell if it’s a female or a male. Could y’all help me out? The other is female and I really don’t want them to mate. I think I can see a budding gland under its forearm but I’m not sure. Thanks!

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Ask it. It may feel as tho it’s one or the other. Nowadays we aren’t allowed to assume.
Lol jk

I have no idea how to sex them.

• Haha
Reactions: Sprinkle

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
View attachment 229150
Hi all, this is one of my ADFs and I can’t tell if it’s a female or a male. Could y’all help me out? The other is female and I really don’t want them to mate. I think I can see a budding gland under its forearm but I’m not sure. Thanks!
I wouldn't be too worried about them mating regardless of sex. The proper conditions and triggers usually don't just happen. It usually takes a bit of work to encourage them to mate. Even if they do breed spontaneously, it's unlikely the eggs or any tadpoles will survive unless you move the adults to another tank, because the adults readily eat both eggs and tads.

WYite

sstanley

Registered Member
Feb 15, 2021
I wouldn't be too worried about them mating regardless of sex. The proper conditions and triggers usually don't just happen. It usually takes a bit of work to encourage them to mate. Even if they do breed spontaneously, it's unlikely the eggs or any tadpoles will survive unless you move the adults to another tank, because the adults readily eat both eggs and tads.

WYite
Thank you for your help! That was my main concern since I am in a dorm so I can’t really be breeding frogs right now. Your response was super helpful!

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store