Shipping live fish?????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

morleyz

This space for rent
Sep 26, 2002
Illinois
www.allaquatic.com
The professional packaging I've seen has a styrofoam lined box which they place the bags of fish. I've seen double and triple lined bags, and the air space is generally filled with pure oxygen before they are sealed. Depending on the time of year, they are usually packed with heat or cooling packs to keep the temperature in line . Ship overnight with a reputable carrier.

pinballqueen

Roleplayer
Aug 4, 2002
Sevierville, TN
www.hostultra.com
Fish are bagged and crated to be shipped to fish stores. I am not sure how dealers ship fish to individuals, probably in the same manner. Unless I were looking for something REALLY unusual that I couldn't get any other way than having it shipped to me, I would try to find what I was looking for in a local shop and take it home myself. You also might try asking your lfs to have things shipped into their shop for you before resorting to having it sent to you directly. That way there's no risk on your part. If the fish comes to the lfs in bad condition, you have the opportunity to refuse it.

brackishwannbe

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
I had no plans to buy fish through the mail. Just curious. By the way, I take it that lfs, means, live fish store/supplier? I live in southwest Ohio and have plently of access to several Jack's Aquariums. Also thier warehouse/breeding center is closer than the stores.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store