Should I remove this snail of my tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Casra

AC Members
Mar 12, 2020
No problem at all being a beginner, that is why we the old folks are here, to help them out !
The light seems awfully small, do you have any specifications on that (Watts, Lumens, Kelvin,..)?
You better replace the substrate, this is impossible to clean and it isn't doing anything for the plants. Don't worry it can be done with the fish still in the tank. The best substrate is 2mm to 3mm size (so coarse sand or fine gravel). Dark or black will make the fish more at ease and show their colors best. ±1" max height. The rocks are used for aquascaping, you can use them for decoration, maybe make a couple of mountains of them but you want like 2/3rd to be the right substrate for vacuuming and the plants. After removing the rocks, rinse the substrate very well before putting in, until the water that comes off is clean. Then put it in a plastic cup, lower gently in the tank and slowly pour it out over the bottom. Then put the plants back in and the rocks/pebbles you want for decoration. If you have more questions just ask..
Thank you very much, I'll certainly do what you said and give you the feedback

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Not familiar with that one, but best case scenario with Leds is ±100 Lumen per Watt, meaning it would be fine for low light plants in your tank but I see some that seem to be medium light... so you might need to get another one depending on how they grow.

Reactions: Casra

Casra

AC Members
Mar 12, 2020
Not familiar with that one, but best case scenario with Leds is ±100 Lumen per Watt, meaning it would be fine for low light plants in your tank but I see some that seem to be medium light... so you might need to get another one depending on how they grow.
I'll have it on my mind. Thank you for your time.

Reactions: the loach

Casra

AC Members
Mar 12, 2020
I changed the gravel, how's it now?

IMG_20200314_140242.jpg

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
That looks great, you can still use more rocks for decoration if you want. Does the plant on the right have a rhizome? I can't tell the species from the picture but if it has it is an Anubias, the roots attach to wood and rocks, they don't have to be buried.

Reactions: Casra
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store