Sick Angel Help I Have No Idea!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mookka

Fish Addict = poor man
Apr 4, 2005
PLEASE HELP ME,

this angel is the black one on the avatar and he is going nuts! everytime i go near the tank he swims erratically and freaks out. i noticed that his fins are clamped sometime so i will be starting up so ich meds asap. I have just got back from a 2 week vacation. i am doin every other day water changes of 10% and my ph is a neutral 7.

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
Check your water for ammonia, nitrite, and excessive nitrate problems. Personally, I would up the water changes to 50% every other day

Discountinue the ich meds ASAP and do a 50% water change. Medications (by that I mean unnatural chemicals) should only be used if you know what the problem is and if there is no other other option.

Is your water naturally 7 or do you add something to it? Is there a possiblity that something is harassing him? What the temperature in the tank? Is he eating?

Mookka

Fish Addict = poor man
Apr 4, 2005
thanks

my water temp is 78 and my tap water is naturally 7. I seriously doubt there are anything harassing him as he is the biggest fish in the tank by far. He is eating and doing most things normally but he is much more skitish than normal.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store