Sick fish...what to do?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishmaniac

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
South Dakota
Visit site
I have a pair of kissing gourami's... The one is doing fine, but the other one is sick. He just sits in the lower corner of the tank. It looks like he has a dark spot by one of his eyes. All of my other fish seem to be doing fine. Any ideas on what this could be, or it will eventually affect my other fish? Do you think I should move him into a tank by himself? I have never had sick fish before, so I really have no idea what to do? Any help would be great

FishmasteR2002

Pescatore Napoletano
Dec 2, 2002
Visit site
You should quarentine him to another tank. A black spot might be a fungus. You should quarentine him ASAP so that it doesn't spread. Also do a 50% water change in your tank.

Bump

somebody please help out with more info please. :)

fishmaniac

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
South Dakota
Visit site
I have him in his own tank now. It doesn't look like the dark spot is on the outside of him, but rather than inside, kind of behind his eye. Still not sure what I am doing, but he is on his own now, so at least that is done. Any more help would be great

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store