Sick Goldfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CharlotteGlover

AC Members
Jul 28, 2018
New Zealand
about a week ago i noticed my fantail goldfish sitting at the bottom of the tank, i immediately did a 30% water change and until yesterday he seemed perfectly fine. Yesterday he was sitting at the bottom again. I did another water change and looked closely at him to see if there was any visible change with him. I discovered 2 white dots one on his dorsal fin and one on his tail fin. I thought it could be ich because i don't have any experience with that so i wasn't exactly sure. I left it for the night and checked on him this morning and found that the white dot on his tail was now more of a hole than a dot it was red around the edge but on the inner side of the tail there was a white bump where the red hole is on the other side. The white dot on his dorsal fin still looks the same as yesterday. So far he hasn't been sitting at the bottom of the tank again and he is eating and behaving fine. The water parameters are completely normal. In the tank is also a shubunkin and a hillstream loach. The tank is 20 gallons and the goldfish are still small, was going to upgrade soon but need to sort out this issue I have no idea what it could be. I've attached some images, but the fish get excited when i go near the tank so it was hard to get a good pic. It would be great if someone could help me with whats happening

IMG_6817.PNG

IMG_6818.PNG

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
It's not ich, but a bacteria or virus. Could you list the results of the tests you did? What is the temperature?
Good pics btw. That isn't easy for sure.

Last edited:

CharlotteGlover

AC Members
Jul 28, 2018
New Zealand
It's not ich, but a bacteria or virus. Could you list the results of the tests you did? What is the temperature?
Good pics btw. That isn't easy for sure.
The temperature is 20 degrees Celsius. im unsure of the results of the tests since I got my local fish shop to test it for free they said there was nothing wrong everything was fine. I showed them the pictures they said it was probably a fungal or bacterial infection so they gave me tonic to treat it so ive started treating the fish with that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store