Sick Gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Isabela7783

Registered Member
Jul 20, 2019
Hello! I recently just noticed that my dwarf Gourami has this patch and it’s pelvic fins are becoming shorter and it has these red edges. I don’t know how to treat this :(

Last edited:

Mr.RoadWarrior

AC Members
May 23, 2019
Houston, TX
Tough to tell, but looks to me like a parasitic infection coupled with physical damage/infection.

I'd isolate, treat with a broad spectrum antibiotic, then start an antiparasitic and make sure you support skin health with something like stresszyme.

No other fish sick? Any drastic changes recently?

Isabela7783

Registered Member
Jul 20, 2019
Thank you! I’ll try that, and nope, the rest of my fish are completely fine and don’t seem sick. I haven’t made any changes at all.

Mr.RoadWarrior

AC Members
May 23, 2019
Houston, TX
Separate the fish and check progress daily...if you don't see even a slight change after 2 full days of antibiotics, then you have another problem. Parasite is my guess. Does not look fungal, but bloody fins from the edge in can be an indicator...you're going to have to get on it and watch. No matter what, don't stop the antibiotic treatment until the prescribed period is over...depends what you use. Also keep an eye on the other fish...this one might just have been immune compromised from something and is showing first signs.

Isabela7783

Registered Member
Jul 20, 2019
I just separated the fish from the others and hurried to buy some medicine. Hopefully the one I bought will work. Ill for sure keep an eye on all the fish I have. Thank you for your help!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
How long have you had the gourami? Do you have a read in PPM for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store