Sick sunfish help please!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TLS1979

Registered Member
Jun 26, 2020
I need help with my boyfriend's fish. Originally he had a bit of sunken belly and what looked like an anchor worm so I treated with clout. After that he developed a white cloudy look to his head area and his eyes clouded up, he couldn't see. So I treated with stress coat and melafix. That worked great except he was still really thin. I tried food with metronidizole to kill any internal parasites which didn't seem to help. He's really gotten skinny, tried general cure as a last ditch effort. I haven't been able to find someone to help so I feel stuck. I've tried everything possible and now think maybe he was treated with too much. I just did a 90% water change and stress coat. I really need help or I'm going to lose this fish. Thank you in advance.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Tank size and dimensions?

What are the test results for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

Is he eating at all? What are you feeding?

How long has the BF had the fish?

TLS1979

Registered Member
Jun 26, 2020
He's in a 55 gallon. Ammonia, nitrate and nitrite tests are good. He feeds him carnivore or shrimp pellets. He's also giving him night crawlers. He's eating for the most part, there's been a couple times he's refused food but he's eating good now. He's had him since he was two inches long, he's 4-5 years now.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Are you using test strips or liquid test kit? Usually there is numbers showing the PPM of each test result.

How often are water changes done and how much water is changed each time?

What color is the fish poo? Food colored or thin and whitish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store