Sick tetra possibly shimmies?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Asil2021

Registered Member
Aug 10, 2021
My husband and I recently got a 37 gallon fish tank. We got it set up and had some issues cycling the tank. Long story short, after a month and restarting the tank it finally cycled. Yay us.
We are now 2 weeks into a cycled tank with ammonia and nitrate/nitrite levels at 0 and a ph of 7.2. Water temp is kept on 74-75. We noticed this morning that one of my tetra was laying on its side on the bottom of the tank. It would try to swim and would fall back to the bottom. It got caught in the bubbles and would be tossed with the current as well. When we got back from making a run to the pet store, we noticed the fish stuck to the side of the filter but still able to every once in a while pulling away only to fall to the bottom. I have created a hospital tank for this tetra but I am still at a loss of what is happening to the fish!!! Does anyone have any ideas? I do have a video of the fish. However, I can’t post is until I post 6 times for spam purposes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store