Sideways hood

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kew

AC Members
Jan 23, 2023
Hi all,
I was wondering if a hood is out there for a 10 gallon tank with the cutouts at the end so equipment can hang off the end instead of the middle. Thanks for your reply’s.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I've not seen one ever. An option is to use twinwall polycarbonate and cut to fit, it's also known as greenhouse light panel. I've been using it for 10G tanks that are place on a rack with the short ends out. Just cut using a sharp utility knife.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
If you want something more traditional, you can get the glass cut to size and just buy the hinge and back piece..

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I did this for a 10 gal. But I did not use a hinge. I used an Aquaclear filter and a single piece of glass. On the end of the glass where the filter was, I used two pieces of back strip to fill the gap between the glass and the end of the tank on either side of the filter. I considered two pieces of glass and a hingle, but that seemed rather much for a 20 inch long tank. On a longer tank I would consider hinging it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store