Single momma convict!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kansasisrad

Registered Member
Jul 1, 2015
So i had an oscar before, then i decided hey i want to try out convicts (always been a fan) but ive never had aggresive fish (oscar lasted a week then gave him away) i had got a female convict (normal) then i could not tell if the pink one was a male or not, so i waited. Added my gouramis (did perfect!) Well i know nothing about convicts except that they are aggressive and breed easily. Turns out the pink was a male! But sadly he died (i have no clue how) the convicts have bred and the momma has the babies safe now, i guess my real question is should i add a male convict to help her out or is it okay for her to raise them by herself?? (P.s i took out the gouramis as soon as i saw the fry so it is just the momma and babies)

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I would not add amle until you want them to breed again. He might eat or kill the frys, they are not his babies.

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
Agree with the two posts above, I would not add another male until these fry are grown. Also, they don't just breed easy, they breed often and have a good survival rate with the fry. You'll need to have a plan to get rid of the young or you'll be quickly overrun.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store