Skunk Botia

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ledslnger

AC Members
Nov 1, 2001
Sioux City, IA
Boy, they don't get all that big. I had several people say the one I had was the biggest they had ever seen. It was 3-4 years old and maybe...been awhile....maybe 2.5" long. They don't get big, they are neat fish. They can hide like no other. You might even think they are dead. I had one disappear for about 6 mos. and then bang...there he was again. And, that was in a 10G!!!

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
As far as size goes, I'd agree with the above. As far as temperment goes, they're testy little guys. I'd keep things that are decent sized and fast, like barbs, rainbows, giant danios, etc. Usually they're fine, but sometimes they'd get mad for no apparent reason and just start nipping someone.

Speck

AC Members
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
I bought 3 recently at Petsmart for just 1.50 each. They are in a 30 gallon tank, they eat flake food, and sinking foods like shrimp pellets and tablet foods also frozen foods. The other fish in the tank are a 6" Texas cichlid, a 3" convict cichlid and 5 giant danios. The skunks are very active, zipping around the tank. The convict likes to chase them for fun, but they have no problem avoiding her, and I've provided them with many hiding places. They are just over 1" in size at the moment. The larger Tx cichlid completely ignores them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store