sluggish new kribs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kewlparrotz

AC Members
Dec 24, 2002
Visit site
hey everyone a few days ago i bought two new kribs i think they are both female but one maybe a male and i already have a male at home thats why i bought the two new ones so they breed buttttttttt anyways i put them in there and they went and hid on the side of a pot. i thought well let them get used to their new home well they havent acted different since they just lay around like nothing sometimes theyll move to a diferent hideing spot and ley on their bellys do you think the water condition is bad cuz i dont think it is cuz i have had a krib in there for a long time and he is more active then the new ones. and another thing they havent ate since saturday so should i go get my water checked or what do you think it is.
thanks a bunch
lata

lesley

AC Members
Dec 18, 2002
Sacramento/Davis, California
Visit site
Are you sure that they don't just hide in respose to being disturbed? Sometimes, I turn off all of the room lights and sneak up to my tank on tiptoe to be able to see my kribs behaving "normally."

Mine are still a little skittish when I come up to the tank. They generally hid in their little pots. I think that might just be the nature of these fish. My female is definitely bolder than my male, so it may be "personality" differences, too.

Try watching your kribs from a position where you are not scaring them. They may be acting perfectly normally when you are not around.

kewlparrotz

AC Members
Dec 24, 2002
Visit site
hey i left the lights off for a few days and they are starten to open up a little i think my old male and one of the new females are parin up but i dont know for sure.
ill keep ya posted

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store