~~Small fish suggestions for tank~~

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

5Bettamom

7 BettaMom now!!! Woot woot
Dec 15, 2006
Washington
Hi one of my friends has a tank she want to "stock". She has a small fancy goldfish, 1 platy and 2 guppies. What kinds of fish should she get next? More guppies? Danios?

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
Hi one of my friends has a tank she want to "stock". She has a goldfish, 1 platy and 2 guppies. What kinds of fish should she get next? More guppies? Danios?
tank size?

5Bettamom

Dec 15, 2006
Washington
I think it's 10 gallons. I realize that size of tank is not big enough for any goldfish and I think she realizes it too but its as big as the fish is going to get..

Last edited:

5Bettamom

Dec 15, 2006
Washington
Let me call her, I think it's a 10 gallon. Maybe it is 10 gallons or maybe a little bit bigger..hold on...

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
of course the goldfish will get bigger. what makes you or your friend think it won't? there's no such thing as a dwarf goldfish. 8" is minimum, 10-12" is much more likely.

5Bettamom

Dec 15, 2006
Washington
Sorry it took me so long to post, my internet all of the sudden started going soo slow! eeeeeneeeways, it's bigger than a 10. She said "somewhere in between 15 and 20...I dont know exactly." And the goldfish is just a fancy ordana,so it shouldnt get too big...

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
yeah. an oranda will reach 8". Or, rather, it should reach 8". if your friend insists on keeping it in a tank that "might be a ten, but is probably somewhere between 15 and 20", it's going to be stunted.

no matter what - no tankmates. goldfish are not tropical fish, and don't belong at tropical temperatures with tropical tankmates.

5Bettamom

Dec 15, 2006
Washington
Ok..well dont get all worked up on me.. I dont own the tank or the fish :huh:I was just helping her decide what kind of fish she gets next. And I doubt me showing her this thread is going to stop her. So nevermind this thread.
Ghost_Knife can you please close it?

P.S. He's most likely already stunted..he went from a 2 gallon to a 10 gallon to a 5 gallon to a ten gallon in a year....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store