snail has weird growth/excretion in front??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

deepseagt

Registered Member
Oct 29, 2016
i recently (by recently i mean last night lol) i picked up this snail off the road. i had a snail beforehand but they escaped, so i picked up this one to fill the void in my heart. i kept them in a plastic cup beforehand (don't worry I poked breathing holes) but my grandfather didn't know that there was a snail inside, and cRushed the cup. I didn't see any major damage, but after that they had this weird mucus colored growth in front. Any idea what the hell is going on? It looks like the thing is coming from the mouth but I ain't sure.IMG_20161030_104440.jpg

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Whoa that's weird! Looks like a cocktail onion. Maybe he had a martini?

deepseagt

Registered Member
Oct 29, 2016
aaaa I read up more and I found out what it was.

gut extrusion.

even though there's a sort of "surgery" you can do to get the gut back in, there's still a low chance of survival.

it hasnt even been one day am I really that undeserving of happiness fmfkdjdjsjjdjdidodj

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I'm sure you'll be giving the snail a more comfortable and safe life than it would have out in the elements. Give it a go and see what happens.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store