Snooks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
oh. my mom was looking mainly a blennies, clowns and those other salties. she really likes those. im mainly into livebearers and any other freshies. i saw pea puffers today. those things are smaller than my sparkling gouramies!
Of those, maroon clowns and lawnmower blennies are probably my favorites. I’m not into the “designer “ clowns. Pea puffers are cool, one thing with those is the constantly growing beak isn’t an issue. My favorite was probably my dwarf red eye puffer or the Fahaka or a GSP i had for a long time. I’ve kept live bearers here n there, but just basic ones like guppies.

Reactions: Sprinkle

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Of those, maroon clowns and lawnmower blennies are probably my favorites. I’m not into the “designer “ clowns. Pea puffers are cool, one thing with those is the constantly growing beak isn’t an issue. My favorite was probably my dwarf red eye puffer or the Fahaka or a GSP i had for a long time. I’ve kept live bearers here n there, but just basic ones like guppies.
lawnmower ? sry.. i saw a pair of clowns that looked like cows, they were nice. i keep mollys, platys and swordtails. i have two guppys. i think im gonna get more soon.

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
lawnmower ? sry.. i saw a pair of clowns that looked like cows, they were nice. i keep mollys, platys and swordtails. i have two guppys. i think im gonna get more soon.
Lol ya lawnmower, they’re not colorful but have tons of character and an expressive face. I think I had a Molly or sword tail along time ago, but can’t remember which. Guppies are probably my favorite of those types

49F9E79F-8B60-4115-95CC-9D578BA601DB.jpeg

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Lol ya lawnmower, they’re not colorful but have tons of character and an expressive face. I think I had a Molly or sword tail along time ago, but can’t remember which. Guppies are probably my favorite of those types

View attachment 229676
yep, thats the blenny i saw today. it was eating sand and it was coming out of its gills.

Reactions: FishAddict74

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
to snookies? i jumped into keeping a paradise gourami and a variatus platy. those are my monsters for today ?
No. Talking about FishAddict74's snooks. They can reach 20" in the wild and have a good chance of hitting at least 16" in a tank.

WYite
Somewhat, I’ve always liked marine and freshwater predators, reefs, rifties, and oddballs especially puffers. Pretty much anything but small community fish. I tried a community tank at the request of my wife, but she wasn’t into it enough to stick with it. My dream would be to have a huge tank with a school of look down fish
My dream "tank" would be a 40' long x 16' wide x 8' deep, 38,000 gallon pool with a couple of paraiba, some RTCs, some flathead cats, a school of pacu, an arapaima or two and an alligator gar. I actually had the go ahead on this from my wife (well, at least in concept) the summer before my stroke. I was going to build the greenhouse the following summer and the plans were much more ambitious. She agreed I could put a monster pond in there. It would have been concrete and I would have had stairs going down on one side with a series of glass panels the height of the tank for about 32 feet on one side. Filtration was three pool filters with drains leading out to irrigate the tree row. Had it all worked out. I honestly don't think she was able to visualize just how big this really was, though. I told her a 35,000 gallon tank but she still couldn't understand why I wanted to make the greenhouse so big...

I bet I still have the plans around here somewhere in the office. Alas, 'twas not to be. There's a difference between early-40s and mid-50s when talking age, especially when you've had health issues. I don't have it in me to follow through nowadays. If I build a greenhouse for her in a couple of summers though, I may try to fit in something on the scale of two or three thousand gallons. It's a small sacrifice for her to make to get her dream greenhouse...

WYite

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
No. Talking about FishAddict74's snooks. They can reach 20" in the wild and have a good chance of hitting at least 16" in a tank.

WYite

My dream "tank" would be a 40' long x 16' wide x 8' deep, 38,000 gallon pool with a couple of paraiba, some RTCs, some flathead cats, a school of pacu, an arapaima or two and an alligator gar. I actually had the go ahead on this from my wife (well, at least in concept) the summer before my stroke. I was going to build the greenhouse the following summer and the plans were much more ambitious. She agreed I could put a monster pond in there. It would have been concrete and I would have had stairs going down on one side with a series of glass panels the height of the tank for about 32 feet on one side. Filtration was three pool filters with drains leading out to irrigate the tree row. Had it all worked out. I honestly don't think she was able to visualize just how big this really was, though. I told her a 35,000 gallon tank but she still couldn't understand why I wanted to make the greenhouse so big...

I bet I still have the plans around here somewhere in the office. Alas, 'twas not to be. There's a difference between early-40s and mid-50s when talking age, especially when you've had health issues. I don't have it in me to follow through nowadays. If I build a greenhouse for her in a couple of summers though, I may try to fit in something on the scale of two or three thousand gallons. It's a small sacrifice for her to make to get her dream greenhouse...

WYite
Nice! That would definitely get you the victory over on MFK ( someone asked who had the biggest tank and I think it was a 25k). I thought about getting one of the smaller gar types for the 240, but decided against it. I like your idea, I would probably add one of the larger knife fish to that if it were me. It makes me wonder tho how many people have tanks or ponds that big when I see stuff like 3 packs of arapaima or monster cat packs with RTC, paraiba and fish that sized being sold all the time. I’ve fantasized about turning a pool into a reef, but it sounds like you may be able to pull this off which is awesome, even a 10k gallon pond would amazing. Hope you get to do it, would love to see some pics or vids.

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020

WYite

WYite
Here’s the Fahaka I had at around 13”

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Nice! That would definitely get you the victory over on MFK ( someone asked who had the biggest tank and I think it was a 25k). I thought about getting one of the smaller gar types for the 240, but decided against it. I like your idea, I would probably add one of the larger knife fish to that if it were me. It makes me wonder tho how many people have tanks or ponds that big when I see stuff like 3 packs of arapaima or monster cat packs with RTC, paraiba and fish that sized being sold all the time. I’ve fantasized about turning a pool into a reef, but it sounds like you may be able to pull this off which is awesome, even a 10k gallon pond would amazing. Hope you get to do it, would love to see some pics or vids.
arapaimag had a 50K tank. He was older and wasn't in good health back then because of a work injury, if I remember right, so I don't know if he's even still around. His tank was actually part of my inspiration.

arapaimag's 50k Tank

WYite

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store