So much, so fast.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tangent

Registered Member
May 12, 2020
Hello! I am a new user on this forum and a relatively new fish owner. I have a problem. I have several tanks that I need advice on but for the moment I am focusing on a ten gallon. In my 10 I have
3 guppy's
2 dalmation Molly's (one fry and one mama)
1balloon Molly (fry)

I know it is pushing overstocked, but the dalmation mama is not the only fish I have, and many of my Molly's recently gave birth. I can't find more tanks with the mess that is happening right now, and all of my tanks are pushing overstock. But constant water changes and testing has proved helpful.
My 3 guppy's are Ember, Matchstick, and Scarlet. All three are boxy and have been for a while, but no darkening gravid spot. Ember was bullying Scarlet a little this morning and Scarlet began dropping eggs. So sign of fry developing inside, just amber colored empty orbs. I have her in an isolation tank and she is behaving as if she is in labor. All three guppy's also have deep red gills, a sign of stress/high ammonia, but I am controlling the ammonia as best I can and it isn't horrible. Ember has always been pushy but not horribly so, but maybe the stress is getting to Scarlet? Or is she sick? I believe this might be her first pregnancy, so is dropping undeveloped eggs normal? Help???

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Do you have live plants? (if not get them, it will help) Have you checked ammonia, nitrites and nitrates?

Tangent

Registered Member
May 12, 2020
Do you have live plants? (if not get them, it will help) Have you checked ammonia, nitrites and nitrates?
I have driftwood with an Anubis on it, and two rocks; one with an Asian Fern on it and one with another anubis

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store