Something more positive and cute!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fev

AC Members
Aug 25, 2012
Wyndam Council, Victoria
On a much more positive and lighter note for a while.... :D

I only just noticed some interesting things since my hubby put the Orange Goldfish I call "Mashuk" back into the bigger 23 Gallon tank with the other two fish....

The two Goldfish seemed to almost "greet" each other right away and since then I've noticed them sort of playing with each other. They swim apart now and then but seem to prefer following each other around the tank a lot. ATM seems the Orange one follows the White one almost chases it...! I haven't seen any tail niping though....

It's cute but is it good or bad??

Fev

AC Members
Aug 25, 2012
Wyndam Council, Victoria
Ah, I'm not so sure ATM that it's playing anymore.... :(

I was just watching them for a min and looks like the white one is swimming funny....

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
It is probably one of two things- spawning behavior or territorial issues. My guess is territory issues in a smallish tank. I'm sure this is in one of your previous posts, but do you know how old the fish are and whether they are male or female?

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Agree with Somer. They're still young yet for actual spawning behavior but early chasing takes place between males and females even when they're too young to breed.

A healthier fish also tends to chase a weaker fish even before an illness becomes apparent to us so it's a good idea to monitor how that develops. They are competing (for survival) more than usual in a small tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store