Spot on Gudgeons

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

goozy

AC Members
Dec 14, 2002
NY
Visit site
spot on gudgeon's

A short time ago my fish had a real bad disease. I never really was sure what it was. It looked like ick but there may have been another disease along with it that made the fish all ragged looking and covered with some gray stuff. It was terrible.
Any way my gudgeon pretty much recovered but he has a cloudy spot on his eye also he started breathing really heavy the other day and I could see this frightened him very much. He snapped out of it in a couple of hours but it makes me think that the disease isn't totally gone. Anyone know what it might be?
Thanks.

morleyz

This space for rent
Sep 26, 2002
Illinois
www.allaquatic.com
A cloudy eye can be caused by poor water conditions...which if you're dealing with multiple/repeat diseases, that's probably what you should look at. It can also be caused by fungus, but that usually looks more like a white substance "on" the eye.

How long has your tank been setup? Have you don't water tests recently?

goozy

AC Members
Dec 14, 2002
NY
Visit site
the tanks been up about six months. Just when the disease broke out I tested the water and the ammonia was 0, the nitrate was between zero and and 5.0 and nitrite was below .25, ammonia was 0
I didn't relize that I had been overfeeding and the filter was filthey. It's a canister , rena xp2. It was so filthey inside I couldn't believe it. I treated them with maracide and they recovered for the most part except for what I just told you.

Thanks for replyinghh

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store