Sprinkle's Tank Build Blog

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I don't think that anyone will join me here, I doubt that very much, but NVM.

My current tanks are a 7 gallon betta tank and a 31 gallon tank.
The "journey" will be of my 31 gallon tank.

Current stocking:

- A pair of pink convict cichlids
- 3 mollies
- 3 platies
- 4 swordtails
- 1 pleco
- 1 vampire shrimp

Planned stocking:

- 6 corydoras of some kind
- A pair of angelfish

Plants:

- Enchidorus bleheri
- Anarcharis
- Java Fern
- Limnophila
- 2 other plants that I don't know

I will be placing the floating plants to the sand with ceramic rings, and will be trimming anarcharis and the other one.

Other:

- Stone arch dècor
- 2 driftwoods
- Stones and shells (will be removing them)
- Will possibly add more driftwood
- Will be definentely adding more sand to make up to inch and half of the substrate for plants, Java Fern will be attachet to a piece of a driftwood
- Will be adding a black background made from black trash can bag

Equipment:

- Interpet Internal Power Filter (for tanks up to 40 gallons)
- 150w Eheim Jager Heater (planned)
- NICREW 11w (or not, will update later on) , not long, short, not wide

I know that, sadly, for stocking to that tank is huge, but I will manage with the waste production.. somehow.
I cannot give away any of the fish.

image.jpg

I will keep updating this thread with photos and new equipment, stocking, plant etc,.

- - - -
Quick question: How long and how wide the light should be for plants? What wattage should it be?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Nice!

I've never had luck with anacharis, but I haven't tried it in years.

Reactions: Sprinkle

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Nice!

I've never had luck with anacharis, but I haven't tried it in years.
Thank you!
It is my first time with anacharis, it grows like a weed for me, but I do use ferts ?
Well, mine now doesn't grow really well now, it needs more light. I'll be getting more light and root tablet ferts for my enchidorus :)

CichlidFins

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Real Name
Jay
Hi there, it would be best to not get angels if you have a pair of convicts, they will kill anything that gets in their way when breeding. Why do you want a pair of them if you do not intend to breed them?

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Hi there, it would be best to not get angels if you have a pair of convicts, they will kill anything that gets in their way when breeding. Why do you want a pair of them if you do not intend to breed them?
First, I will ask you what are you implying?
My convicts are really docile, even when breeding, I know you said that about angels. I know how angels will torture whatever gets in their way when breeding. And I do intend to breed angels.

CichlidFins

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Real Name
Jay
I'm implying that its best be safe than sorry, and if you do want to breed them use a separate tank.

If I am mistaken, and you are already using a separate tank for them, sorry in advance.

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I have only two tanks. My mother won't let me get any more tanks for now. What fish would you recommend me? My lfs sells electric blue acaras (when I was there they had only one), and they keep them in 20 long community tank. If not, I'll look for other cool fish, I don't think they sell kissing gouramies.

Reactions: CichlidFins

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Looks good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store